"Andrew's skills are very wide ranging. Making an historic design became a pleasure and the quality of the finished product always attracted favourable notice."
- David Honour, Head of Design, Historic Royal Palaces -
Crosby Hall, Cheyne Walk, London, is a building of great historical importance. It was originally Sir Thomas More’s palace and was re-located from Bishopsgate to the Embankment in 1910. Crosby Hall was bought in 1988 by Christopher Moran who funded the building’s restoration. The craftsmen were selected for the refurbishment by David Honour, former head of design at Historic Royal Palaces. After a robust selection process Andrew Sinclair was the sculptor entrusted to undertake the sculptural work due to his sensitivity to historic detail, broad skill base and great craftsmanship. Between 2007 and 2012 he created a large selection of sculptures for Crosby Hall.
The most significant sculpture is the life-size figure installed above the fireplace in the Baronial Hall. It features Mr Moran as a baron from the middle-ages, complete with battle shield, sword and heraldic sea-stags. This sculpture has looked down upon royal guests and many parliamentary and society events!
All the sculptures created are meticulously crafted and Andrew worked closely with David Honour, Head of Design at Historic Royal Palaces, to ensure their historical accuracy.